This is the official Dirty Kanza transfer thread. Please use this thread to post 1) the Dirty Kanza entry you're looking to get 2) the Dirty Kanza entry you're looking to get rid of and/or 3) any other Dirty Kanza transfer/entry information that you need help with. This will help to keep all of the requests in one spot. From here you all can contact each other privately to work out the details.
[Please note: We at Riding Gravel are not assisting with any of this. We're just providing you a spot to connect. Please address any questions to Dirty Kanza. See below for all of the information.]
From Dirty Kanza:
2016 Dirty Kanza Event Entry Transfer Procedure
[Note: The deadline for entry transfers is the end of day Saturday, May 7th (11:59pm CST)]
Registration for the 2016 Dirty Kanza filled to capacity in record time. Spots sold so quickly, in fact, that many folks were caught off guard.
RidingGravel.com has created an “Official Dirty Kanza Transfer Thread”, which will serve as the clearing house location for those seeking to sell, or seeking to obtain an entry in Dirty Kanza 2016.
The following describes the process required to transfer a Dirty Kanza entry:
- It is the responsibility of the person currently registered for Dirty Kanza to find someone wanting to acquire their event entry.
- The rider currently registered for Dirty Kanza must submit an email to Dirty Kanza Promotions (at email@example.com), stating their desire to have their event entry transferred.
- This email must include the new rider’s name and email address, and should also be sent to the new rider.
- This email MUST originate from the same email address provided on the original event registration. Emails originating from any other email address will be assumed to have originated from an unauthorized source, and will therefore be ignored.
- The new rider must then “Reply All” and provide a statement confirming their desire to assume the event entry.
- They must also provide the following information: Name, Complete Mailing Address, Day of Cell Number, Email Address, Date of Birth, Race Classification, Emergency Contact Name & Number, T-Shirt Size. (For a list of race classifications, refer to the 2016 DK Riders Bible, which can be found at http://www.dirtykanza200.com)
Dirty Kanza Promotions will process the event entry transfer, and then “Reply All” with confirmation the transfer of entry has been completed.
Any payment for the event entry is between the original owner of the entry, and the person assuming the entry. Dirty Kanza will not issue any refunds. It is expected that any payment made will not exceed the original cost of the entry.
Dirty Kanza will not manage a “wait list”, nor will we act as “match maker” to help anyone find an entry. Do not simply “give” your DK entry to someone, then have them show up for Rider Sign-In. All riders will be required to show a government-issued photo I.D. in order to obtain their event packet. If they aren’t on our roster, they won’t be allowed to ride. No exceptions.