Smithhammer Show full post »
Jeb
1156851.jpg  IMG_20150810_111703.jpg  IMG_20150908_105152.jpg  IMG_20150908_105306.jpg  IMG_20150828_112431.jpg    IMG_20150828_112431.jpg 
Some photos from various rides in upstate NY and VT.
Quote 2 0
No Mojo
ljsmith wrote:


Awesome!  How did she like it?  My wife has become my main riding partner now.


She loved it! She is an avid roadie and my main riding partner too. I was very happy when she saw the Brava at our local LBS and expressed interest in buying it.
Ride Hard - Live Easy
Quote 0 0
No Mojo
Put some gravel in my travels tonight! Love my Foundry Overland!
Ride Hard - Live Easy
Quote 1 0
Wildman
Some days ago in Westerwald area / germany


080417-7.JPG 
Quote 6 0
goneskiian
No Mojo wrote:
Put some gravel in my travels tonight! Love my Foundry Overland!

Nice bike but there's a separate thread for those. [tongue]

Moar pictures of the road and the scenery please! [cool] [wink]
Quote 0 0
Jeb
0205171154.jpg  0205171222.jpg  IMG_20170129_113723.jpg  IMG_20170218_095432.jpg  IMG_20170310_102823.jpg 

Near Cuenca, Ecuador this past winter.
Quote 1 0
Jeb
Today's ride near Arlington, VT. IMG_20170501_122825.jpg 
Quote 3 0
Red Owl
Southwest New Hampshire.
Quote 1 0
Jeb
IMG_20170508_111349 (1).jpg  IMG_20170508_111357.jpg 
A muddy road to help break in the G-Ones.
Quote 1 0
ronpal

Rode a great loop through the George Washington National Forest yesterday starting outside Woodstock VA and past Wardensville WV totaling 72 miles and almost 7000 feet of climbing.  The GW forest is full of FS roads, abandoned FWD roads and nice MTB trails.   The recent heavy rains made the forest a very lush green but also made the creek crossings a bit more interesting. 

FullSizeRender.jpg  FullSizeRenderB.jpg  IMG_8007.JPG  IMG_8036.JPG  IMG_8042.JPG  IMG_8047.JPG  IMG_8028.JPG      

Quote 2 0
ljsmith
ronpal wrote:

Rode a great loop through the George Washington National Forest yesterday starting outside Woodstock VA and past Wardensville WV totaling 72 miles and almost 7000 feet of climbing.  The GW forest is full of FS roads, abandoned FWD roads and nice MTB trails.   The recent heavy rains made the forest a very lush green but also made the creek crossings a bit more interesting. 



Are there any good maps available with all the fire roads there?  I have been mountain biking there, and there are plenty of maps for those trails.  but I can't seem to find a good map for the fire roads and service roads.
Quote 0 0
Jeb
ljsmith wrote:


Are there any good maps available with all the fire roads there?  I have been mountain biking there, and there are plenty of maps for those trails.  but I can't seem to find a good map for the fire roads and service roads.


I use https://ridewithgps.com to scope out routes in the Green Mt Natl Forest in VT. Using the different map options in the upper right hand corner will sometimes show different roads. Sometimes they exist, sometimes not but always fun to go look.
Quote 0 0
ljsmith
Its not gravel, but it was a lot of fun.  Singletrack at Patapsco State Park in Maryland.

P1.jpg  P2.JPG  P3.JPG  P4.JPG  P5.JPG  P6.jpg  P7.JPG 
Quote 1 0
Red Owl
Near Mt. Monadnock, NH.

tractor.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Jeb
Today's ride along the Battenkill River and adjacent Sandgate and Camden Valley. IMG_20170511_112929.jpg  IMG_20170511_131808.jpg  IMG_20170511_133418.jpg  IMG_20170511_140807.jpg  IMG_20170511_140818.jpg  IMG_20170511_143852.jpg 
Quote 2 0
Smithhammer
[bqGmqX] 
Unlearn pavement.
Quote 2 0
No Mojo
Tower Hill Pond in Auburn NH.
Ride Hard - Live Easy
Quote 0 0
Smithhammer
A couple weekends ago we did the "Around the Rock" ride which circumnavigates the Tetons as an overnighter.

157 miles and about 8900' of climbing, with the first 80 miles or so on gravel, and then pavement as you head through Grand Teton National Park and up and over Teton Pass. Great ride....

[IjmITE] 

[EoB6x5] 

[VoLRUx] 

[sa2dxj] 

[01AbdK] 

[BkgM7a] 
Unlearn pavement.
Quote 3 0
bikermike
gravel scenery.jpg Short gravel ride this morning in the Smoky Hill region of central KS
Quote 2 0
jmal
Missing VA gravel roads.
IMG_2142.jpg 
IMG_2597.jpg
Quote 1 0
clarksonxc
Jeb wrote:
Some photos from various rides in upstate NY and VT.


Jeb - Where do you ride in Upstate NY?  We are based in WNY but did a ride out of Brant Lake last fall, along with several in VT.  Those Class IV and seasonal roads look all too familiar!  Did a lot of walking coming down the old Fly Brook Road jeep trail.
Quote 0 0
jmal
Las Huertas Canyon

IMG_3346(1).jpg 
Quote 0 0
OTHRider
A wonderful gravel ride in Temecula, CA skirting through small wineries and gorgeous horse properties.

7.jpg

5.jpg     
Quote 0 0
Jeb
clarksonxc wrote:


Jeb - Where do you ride in Upstate NY?  We are based in WNY but did a ride out of Brant Lake last fall, along with several in VT.  Those Class IV and seasonal roads look all too familiar!  Did a lot of walking coming down the old Fly Brook Road jeep trail.


I'm based in Cambridge, NY so a lot of my riding is Washington County, NY and Bennington Co, VT. There's some great rides through the Green Mt Natl Forest.
Quote 0 0
clarksonxc
Oh wow, yeah yore right in the heart of Battenkill country!  We've done a few rides in VT, they have very nice gravel but it seems like they all have to throw in some singletrack.  I'm fine with the Class IV roads being the toughest part of the day!
Quote 1 0