welfkajsodif Show full post »
Morty412
Wondering if you can run a 160 Rotor on the front and back?  
Quote 0 0
Rhadooo
Morty412 wrote:
Wondering if you can run a 160 Rotor on the front and back?  


On the front yes, no problem fitting one with the proper adapter, on the rear the disc is very close to the seat stay so a 140 disc is just ok.
Quote 0 0
welfkajsodif
[L76l5Mw] 

Wheels arrived.  Far Sports sent me 6 bolt hubs instead of centerlock which I'm not too pleased about but I accept there are going to be compromises when dealing with chinese bike equipment manufacturers.  These are 30x30 hookless carbon rims.  Just filled the byways with orange seal and seated them.  I'd say the byways are moderately difficult to fit on the rim.  Hutchinson and Schwalbe have been the the easiest in my experience.  Now I just need my frame and I can get the whole thing built.
Quote 0 0
freakforti
AwesomeColors wrote:
Were any of you able to get one with a threaded BB? They advertise that BSA threaded is an option on the website, but when I got my quote she said they'll only thread the BB for orders of 12+ frames.

Just swapped out the threaded BB on my old rigid 29er for the first time last night and it couldn't have been easier. Threaded BB definitely jumped up a couple notches in my "must haves" list, especially considering the issues I've had with the PF BB on my Diverge.

Also... I tried to get an answer from Workswell via email, but the lady didn't understand my question. Is it possible to internally route a dropper post on this bike?


Yes mine is running BSA but it was quite a deal to manage - waiting for 3 month and the email exchange was rather heavy.
But in the end I am happy for I donot believe in anything else then BSA bottom brackets ... period

MARtiN
Quote 0 0
freakforti
Morty412 wrote:
Wondering if you can run a 160 Rotor on the front and back?  


Yes you can - even pm

Regards
MARtiN
Quote 0 0
Dacha Gravel
Hello everyone. I'm impressed by the idea of building an all season commuter swapping all the gearing and cockpit from my cheapoo CX. Now I'm hesitating between Carbonda and Workswell. Love WCB-146 tire clearance and fender eyelets. Owners - how're your rides? Any issues with frameset quality? Contacted Workswell for BSA bracket option and they said: "How about BB86 , because the BSA need to wait too long , and now the production schedule full". 
Best regards.
Quote 0 0
welfkajsodif
Dacha Gravel wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm impressed by the idea of building an all season commuter swapping all the gearing and cockpit from my cheapoo CX. Now I'm hesitating between Carbonda and Workswell. Love WCB-146 tire clearance and fender eyelets. Owners - how're your rides? Any issues with frameset quality? Contacted Workswell for BSA bracket option and they said: "How about BB86 , because the BSA need to wait too long , and now the production schedule full". 
Best regards.


I'm not happy with the quality of my frame at all.  There's lots of little things that aren't finished properly and don't look good.  I'm waiting for a few more parts to arrive and I'll take pictures to illustrate on a completed build.  I've gone through 3 chinese frame makers now, including workswell and they are easily the worst. 

  
Quote 0 0
jurassic
welfkajsodif wrote:


I'm not happy with the quality of my frame at all.  There's lots of little things that aren't finished properly and don't look good.  I'm waiting for a few more parts to arrive and I'll take pictures to illustrate on a completed build.  I've gone through 3 chinese frame makers now, including workswell and they are easily the worst. 

  


it's a shame to hear that, could you give some details before you take the pictures?
Quote 0 0
delore
I have just ordered a WCB-R-146 (which shall hereafter be called 'Edmund') to build up for my wife. I think I have most components to swing over, but will need a new BB. Can anyone recommend a BSA BB? Probably going to run some Rival 1x cranks. 

Out of interest, has the sizing been accurate for those that have bought one? Thank you.
Quote 0 0
freakforti
hi there - taken that you build this bike up for you loved ONE - I can absolutely recommend a Chris King BSA BB.

[cool]MARtiN
Quote 1 0
delore
freakforti wrote:
hi there - taken that you build this bike up for you loved ONE - I can absolutely recommend a Chris King BSA BB.


Thanks Martin.
Quote 0 0
Morty412
welfkajsodif wrote:
[L76l5Mw] 

Wheels arrived.  Far Sports sent me 6 bolt hubs instead of centerlock which I'm not too pleased about but I accept there are going to be compromises when dealing with chinese bike equipment manufacturers.  These are 30x30 hookless carbon rims.  Just filled the byways with orange seal and seated them.  I'd say the byways are moderately difficult to fit on the rim.  Hutchinson and Schwalbe have been the the easiest in my experience.  Now I just need my frame and I can get the whole thing built.
Quote 0 0
Morty412
What hub would you recommend for the front? Does it have to be 12 x 100? I had wanted to use XTR, but that is 15 x 100. I guess I could use https://r2-bike.com/HOPE-hub-front-RS4-for-12x100-mm-Thru-Axle
Any suggestions would be helpful. 
BTW, frame arrived today. I think it looks pretty clean overall. Not one visible scratch or imperfection that I can see! I went with the matte black. 
I'll be sure to post pics on the build.  
Quote 0 0
freakforti
I use a set of Hopes - Pro4 direct pull and a set of King ISO - bith do the trick ...
Quote 0 0
andrewins
Hi guys, what is the price of the frameset excluding shipment? There is no info on workswell website [frown]
Quote 0 0
Grishka
andrewins wrote:
Hi guys, what is the price of the frameset excluding shipment? There is no info on workswell website [frown]

Do you try to send message on this email info@workswellbikes.com
Quote 0 0
jurassic
Grishka wrote:

Do you try to send message on this email info@workswellbikes.com


I have and I'm yet to get a reply
Quote 0 0
andrewins
Grishka wrote:

Do you try to send message on this email info@workswellbikes.com


I tried. Didn't get a reply yet. Want to know if the price is one for all. Привет 😉 
Quote 0 0
welfkajsodif
My frame cost $525. Painting was $45 and shipping to Canada was $90. All in USD.
Quote 1 0
andrewins
welfkajsodif wrote:
My frame cost $525. Painting was $45 and shipping to Canada was $90. All in USD.


Thanks a lot! [thumb]
Quote 0 0
Rhadooo

Same for me:
525$ frame
24$ Thru axles.
58$ paint
30$ Seatpost (painted)
45$ Stem (painted)

110$ shipping via XDB to Romania

Quote 1 0
andrewins
Rhadooo wrote:

Same for me:
525$ frame
24$ Thru axles.
58$ paint
30$ Seatpost (painted)
45$ Stem (painted)

110$ shipping via XDB to Romania



Thank you! [thumb]So the price is one for everybody. That is good!
Quote 0 0
Morty412
Same price for me. $595 Shipped to US.
Note, I worked with Coco, she was pretty good on getting back to me. 
her email is sales10@workswellbikes.com.cn

Also note, they do not confirm shipment! mine took about 3 weeks, then yesterday it arrived at my office. It was packaged thoroughly and wrapped in foam neatly. I have no complaints with the frame on initial inspection. 

Quote 1 0
delore
Have many people tried their wheelsets and components? I did order a seatpost and stem with my frame but was unsure on wheels... bit of a risk I guess. The WWC-R-50-27 C wheels look good though. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks
Quote 0 0
welfkajsodif
delore wrote:
Have many people tried their wheelsets and components? I did order a seatpost and stem with my frame but was unsure on wheels... bit of a risk I guess. The WWC-R-50-27 C wheels look good though. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks


I think you can do better with lightbicycle or wheelsfar.
Quote 0 0